Friday, November 9, 2007

a girl's hillside is her castle...

as opposed to a girl's house. For i haven't one. Maybe by next winter...

This past month has seen much activity and not a great deal of art. I convened a Permaculture course in Sydney. I crashed and wrote-off my truck on the way home (and three others besides). I accepted an artist-in-residence position at First Draft Gallery for the first three months of next year, so that I can do my mentorship project properly.

I went to Byron Bay to help a friend do his thesis performance. It was a long train journey there and back. I am considering recanting on never taking an domestic flight ever again.

I made compost. We finally got a light to read by. I canceled projects because I felt so scattered after the car crash. I kept my head above water using Sofie's immaculate podcast as therapy.

I un-canceled projects because people told me to. I fought off the black dog a fair bit. I've still got a stick in my hand right now. Grrrr. Get back, you nasty hound, you.

On the upside of things, I am dreaming in underwater dioramas and periwinkle trails. I'm looking forward to a summer break - to think, to swim, and to make. Particularly looking forward to some dedicated underwater diorama experiments...

No comments: